Table of Contents
Steam is the holy grail of gamers and the number of Games that its boast can be a bit overwhelming. Here you get complete guide on how to uninstall Steam games.
The amount of titles that Steam has and the offers that they have running on them is a trap that lures you into buying a ton of games and thus making you fill your device full and out of storage.
You have no other option than to free up space and in this article, we’re going to show you exactly how to uninstall Steam Games.
Sometimes some app can complicate stuff on their app, and you don’t actually get the meaning of various things as well you can’t find the appropriate steps to do something.
Uninstalling a game on Steam can be a twisted path, and in this article. We’re going to walk you through the process of how to uninstall Steam Games so that you are clear of everything and don’t get caught in a web of things while doing so.
The best thing about Steam is that when you buy a game on the app or website. It remains tied to your account for a lifetime so deleting a game doesn’t mean that you will lose the game.
You always have the option to reinstall the game and enjoy your experience again. We will also teach you how to reinstall a game on Steam by showing you how to uninstall Games on platforms like Windows and Mac. you can also like to get free Steam games.
Let us get started with the process of uninstalling Steam Games on your PC.
How to Uninstall Steam Games On Windows
There are three methods to Uninstall Steam Games On Windows
1. Directly Through Steam
First, go to the Steam app on your desktop and login if you have not already logged in.
Now you have to go to your Steam Games library and to do that you have to click on the Library tab on the screen.
After you’ve clicked on the Library tab, all your Games will show up on the screen. Now you have to check whether your progress is saved or not.
If there is a cloud icon next to your game in the status section, it means that your progress is saved on the cloud.
If you’re still not satisfied with the process and want to be 100% sure that your progress is saved go to the following location:-
Now all you have to do is copy these files and save them somewhere safe where you won’t delete or forget them, and your progress will be saved.
After this, you have chosen which game do you want to uninstall. When you’ve decided the game, right click on it and a drop-down menu will appear.
From this drop-down menu, you have to click on the uninstall button. Once you’ve clicked on the uninstall button, Steam will ask if you permanently delete the game? Click on Delete and your game will be permanently deleted from your computer.
2. Through Windows application
This process is how you usually remove apps and Games from your PC, and thus you will be quite familiar to this.
Let us help you in removing Steam Games through this method:-
Search for Program and Features in your PC, either through the search bar or you can ask Cortana (Just Kidding !!).
If you don’t want to do this, you can go to the control panel in the start menu. When in the control panel.
you will see the programs tab, and under that, there will be written “uninstall a program” you have to click on that.
Now you see a list of all the programs that are installed on your PC. If you have a lot of Games and apps installed on your PC, you can use the sort program to find your program by date or any other criteria and help yourself in the process.
Once you’ve found your desired game, select it, and you can either click on the uninstall button listed above, or you can right click and click on uninstall when options appear.
Now you will be taken to your Steam app, and if you have not already logged in, it will ask you to log in. When you have logged in, it will ask you if you permanently want to delete that game. Click on delete and the game will be permanently deleted from your PC.
3. By Manually Uninstalling
Now, this a little bit of tricky process and you have to be careful about what you are doing because you don’t want to delete. Uninstall some other app or game which link to your Steam account and regret all of your life decisions.
But we are here to guide you how to uninstall steam Games manually:-
You have to the folder where all the content related to your Steam account get store in your PC.
The common and default destination for your Steam app is C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam.
Once you’re in the Steam folder, now you have to open the Steam apps folder and when you are in the Steamapps folder, open the Common Folder.
After you opened the Common Folder, all you have to do is select the game you have to uninstall.
Now, this is the step where you have to be careful really. Only select the game that you have to uninstall or delete from your PC.
Once you’ve selected the game that you want to delete, press delete or right click and click on delete from the options that appear. Check before you delete the game if it’s the one you want to delete.
You can also delete the saved files from your PC by going into the documents folder and opening the Saved Games folder and deleting the files related to that game.
How to Uninstall Steam Games on Mac
Uninstalling Games on Mac is a pretty easy thing to do, but the question is why do you even have Games on Mac? Jokes aside.
There’s nothing overwhelm about when uninstalling a Steam game on Mac and we’re going to walk through how to do that with utter ease.
Let us begin with the process:-
- Search for the Steam app in your Mac and open it. After opening it make sure you log in and do it if you are not.
- Click on the Library tab on the top of the screen to go to your Steam Games library and have a look at all of the Games that you have installed till now.
- As we said after clicking on the Library tab all your Games would show up on the screen. To check that whether your progress get save or not, look at the status section, and if there is a cloud icon next to your game it means that your progress is save on the cloud.
- Now comes the task of choosing the game that you want to uninstall. When you’ve decided the game, right click on it and a drop-down menu will appear.
From this drop-down menu, you have to go to the second last option of Delete Local Content.
After clicking the Delete Local Content option, Steam will ask if you permanently delete the game? Click on Delete and your game will be permanently delete from your Mac.
How to reinstall Steam Games on your PC
The reason that Steam is so popular among users is the ability of the Steam account to hold your Games on it for a lifetime once you’ve bought it.
So no issue of deleting the digital copy of your game and losing it or actually losing the drive for your game. Reinstalling Games on Steam is a piece of cake, and we’re going to show you exactly how to do it.
Let us look into the steps involved in reinstalling Steam Games on PC:-
- Search and locate the Steam app on your desktop and login if you have not already logged in because you won’t be able to do anything without it.
- Click on the Library tab on the top of the screen to go to your Steam Games library and have a look at all of the Games that you have purchased and have linked to your account.
- After clicking on the Library tab, all your Games will show up in a list on the left side of the screen. To check that whether your progress save or not, look at the status section, and if there is a cloud icon next to your game it means that your progress get save on the cloud and you can continue the game from where you left or uninstall it.
- Now comes the task of choosing the game that you want to reinstall on your PC and enjoy again. When you’ve decided the game, click on the game and in the middle part of the Steam app, you can greet with all the information of the game.
- Under the name of the game, there will be a small install button. Click on it to install the game on your PC.
- After clicking on the install button a dialog box will appear that will provide you with the information that how much time, will the game take to install? Click on next.
- Now you have to choose the icon for your game and voila! Your game will start downloading and install!!
Wrapping It Up
Customer loyalty is the most important aspect of any company and when you that the money that you invest in a particular company will not go to waste, and your investment last lifelong, the growth of that’s company guarantee.
Steam wins in this thus aspect and thus have millions of monthly users. The number of Games that you can have in your PC can be overwhelming and uninstalling and reinstalling them can be a chore sometime if you’re not through with the process.
But don’t worry we got you fam and we hope this article really serves up to the task it intend to do.
Enjoy your Steam Games and have a great time buying all the new Games for yourself!!